Soundlite Ceiling tiles are manufactured from non-combustible inorganic Glasswool and bonded with an inert thermosetting resin binder, and are lightweight and resilient.
A decorative vinyl facing is available in two decorative finishes a) coral, and b) ripple which provide a durable surface. Soundlite panels are available in 25 mm and 40 mm thickness and will fit in standard grid sizes.
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Life long energy savings
- Lightweight & easy to handle
- Exceptional acoustic properties
- Good thermal resistance values
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Long product life – will not age
- Will not sag
- Can be supplied with alternate facings
- Helps to prevent condensation
- Offers improved light reflection
- Hold down clips available to secure ceiling tile into the grid system
- Class 1 fire index – tested to SANS 10177 Part 3
Contributes to indoor comfort and contributes to life long savings by reducing heat loss/gain due to its inherent thermal insulation properties.
Offers exceptional acoustic properties & enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of noise. Insulation Refractory’s insulation reduces the sound transmission to and from a room or building.
Domestic, commercial and industrial suspended ceilings.
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components.
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminum.
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
- Dust settlement will not hamper the products performance.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from glass mineral wool, one of the most environmentally friendly insulants available.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring mineral and a sustainable, infinite source.
Approximately 50% of the raw material used in the production of Insulation Refractory products is recycled. The recycled material can be post-consumer glass (from housing) or waste glass from flat glass manufacture, which would otherwise go to landfill.
The manufacturing process does not use or contain CFC’s or any other damaging gases.
Packaged in branded corrugated boxes.
Tools Needed For Installation
- Secure the cornice to the wall at the required height.
- Fix the main T’s at 1200 mm intervals.
- Support the main T’s at regular intervals.
- Fix the cross T’s at 600 mm intervals
- If needed, add extra support wires for light fittings.
- Lay the tiles in place. Please note that in certain areas, butterfly clip fasteners may be needed to secure the tiles against lifting.
- Soundlite acoustical ceiling tiles laid in a suspended ceiling grid system and, where instructed by the architect, secured by means of hold down clips as supplied by Insulation Refractory. The contractor is to take care when installing the tiles and to ensure that the facings are free from dust and grime, finger marks or any other possible blemish or damage. No damaged tiles are to be installed and extreme care is to be taken when assessing the ceiling for any further work to be carried out. Any light fitting, fan or any other fixture is to be independently secured by whatever means required and should not rest on the ceiling tile so as not to put any pressure on the tile whatsoever. The ceiling grid is to be laid out as per the manufacturers instructions.
Handling & Storage
Store undercover, and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (25/40 mm) thick rigid non-combustible lightweight “Soundlite” acoustic suspended ceiling tile system of 50 kg/m3 density in (corral/ripple) vinyl facing complete with T-sections, hangers, hold down clips etc. Installation strictly in accordance with manufacturers detail & specification. Sizes as per architect. Available in standard grid sizes – 600 x 600 / 1200 x 600.