Sonic Liner is a flexible Glasswool insulation blanket faced with an acoustically permeable black woven glass cloth on the air stream surface.
A 35 mm overlapping flange of the facing material is provided on both sides to enable effective sealing. It provides outstanding acoustical and thermal performance with low air friction.
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Life long energy savings – significantly reduces heat loss & gains
- Sound absorption
- Minimal air friction while optimizing free duct area
- Inert – no chemical or fire retardant additives
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Longevity – Long product life
- The air stream will not erode or release fibers into the air stream under normal operating temperatures
- Non-combustible – tested to SANS 10177 Part 5
- Class 1 fire index – tested to SANS 10177 Part 3
- Complies with ASTM E84 flame spread & fire index requirements
Significantly reduces heat gains & losses
Offers exceptional acoustic properties & enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of mechanical noise generated by air conditioning equipment. Insulation Refractory’s insulation reduces the sound transmission along a duct.
Specially designed as an internal acoustical insulation liner for sheet metal ducts in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems operating at temperatures of up to 120 deg C and air velocities up to 20m/s.
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components.
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminum.
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
- Dust settlement will not hamper the products performance
- Condensation control on cold metal duct surfaces is controlled when the correct thickness of insulation is applied – extending the life of the system.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from glass mineral wool, one of the most environmentally friendly insulants available.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring mineral and a sustainable, infinite source.
Approximately 50% of the raw material used in the production of Insulation Refractory products is recycled. The recycled material can be post-consumer glass (from housing) or waste glass from flat glass manufacture, which would otherwise go to landfill.
The manufacturing process does not use or contain CFC’s or any other damaging gases.
Compression packed in polyethylene sleeve
Tools Needed For Installation
Handling & Storage
Store undercover, and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (15/20/50 mm) flexible non combustible lightweight “Sonic Liner” as acoustic and thermal metal duct insulation material on the interior surface of the duct. Consists of (16/24/32 kg/m3) density with a black woven glass cloth on air stream surface and installed on the inside of (heating/ventilation/ air conditioning) sheet metal duct systems. Installation strictly in accordance to manufacturers detail & specification.