Snap on Pipe
Snap on Pipe insulation is a pre-formed, rigid, resin bonded Glasswool sections of 1 meter in length. A single longitudinal seam allows the section to spread open to encompass the pipe and snap closed after placement.
Standard finishing options are also available (canvas, re-inforced aluminium/kraft foil)
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Available in a wide range of pipe bore and insulation thicknesses.
- Life long energy savings – significantly reduces heat loss & gains & improves thermal efficiency of a system
- Ease of installation – the one piece construction results in easy and economical installation.
- Ease of fabrication – on site modifications permitting bends and intricate shapes can be easily made with a knife.
- Longevity – Long product life – will not age
- Condensation control
- Conforms to ASTM C547 for punking [fire] using ASTM C411 test method
- Class 1 fire index – tested to SANS 10177 Part 3
All non combustible products are acceptable in any application – no deemed to satisfy tests are necessary (SANS 10400).
Significantly reduced heat gains & losses – refer to nomograph for relevant temperatures of application.
Snap on pipe insulation is specifically designed for application to both hot and cold service piping systems operating at temperatures from -20 deg C up to 450 deg C. Suitable for application on chilled water and refrigerated lines, hot water, steam & condensate lines, in domestic, commercial & industrial applications.
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components.
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminum.
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from glass mineral wool, one of the most environmentally friendly insulants available.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring mineral and a sustainable, infinite source.
Approximately 50% of the raw material used in the production of Insulation Refractory products is recycled. The recycled material can be post-consumer glass (from housing) or waste glass from flat glass manufacture, which would otherwise go to landfill.
The manufacturing process does not use or contain CFC’s or any other damaging gases.
Packed in corrugated cartons.
Tools Needed For Installation
Handling & Storage
Store undercover, and in dry conditions. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install rigid non-combustible light weight “Snap on Glasswool Pipe insulation” with a nominal inside diameter of (15/20/25/32/40/50/65/80/100/125/150/200/250/300 mm) and (15/20/25/40/50 mm) thick, with/without (plain/canvas/vapour barrier) facing for over (hot/cold) service piping. Installation strictly in accordance with manufacturers detail & specification.