EP5 beads which are treated with a chemical additive to enable the production of light-weight, thermal insulation mortars of various densities
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to mix, place and finish
- Cost effective
- Homogenous bead distribution gives good workability and predictable performance
- Good workability enables mixed material to be pumped 100 meters horizontally, 30 meters vertically.
- No loss of workability, even when pumped long distances
- Mix design variable to produce densities from 200 to 1000kg / m3
- Compatible with most finishing products and adhesives
- Non flammable – when tested to ASTM D 1692-68 NON FLAMMABLE
K-value of 0.065 W/mK to 0.1 W/mK depending on density.
Thermal insulation mortar for concrete roof decks, underground floor slabs, basement walls, swimming pools etc.
Light-weight filler for voids or leveling of floor slabs. Cavity fill for steel frame construction.
- Long term to indefinite, subject to appropriate mix design and best practice in application methods
Tools Needed For Installation
Conventional concrete placing equipment
- The material must be mechanically mixed in either a purpose made mixer / pump; conventional concrete mixer or truck-mixer or specialized mortar mixer / pump.
- Placing and finishing equipment: as for normal concrete / screed application.
Handling & Storage
Bags should be stored in a clean, dry place away from items which could split or damage the bags.
Thermal insulation to concrete roof decks shall be Politerm Blu, laid to falls at an average thickness of 100mm reducing to a minimum of 50mm at rain-water outlets. Preparation, mixing and curing shall be carried out in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Subsequent application of water-proofing shall not commence until the Politerm screed is free of residual moisture.