Loft Insulation is a high quality Glasswool thermal and acoustic insulation that is bonded with an inert, thermosetting resin. The strong, resilient, flexible blankets are supplied in compression packed rolls and are easy to cut and install.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Isover products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2008.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Lifelong energy savings
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Exceptional thermal and acoustic properties
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Long product life – will not readily age
- Compression packed to reduce volume and optimise transport and storage
- Zero ozone depleting potential (ODP)
Contributes to indoor comfort and contributes to lifelong savings by reducing heat loss/gain due to its inherent thermal insulation properties.
Offers exceptional acoustic properties and enhances indoor environmental quality by the absorption of noise. Reduces the sound transmission to and from a room.
- Ceiling insulation in:
- Residential buildings
- Retrofit in existing homes/buildings
- Top up insulation
- Non-residential buildings
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials and components
- Will not promote corrosion of steel, copper or aluminium
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Dust settlement will not hamper the product’s performance
The rolls are compression packed in individual packs using strong polythene packaging. The rolls will recover fully within 24 hours to the specified thickness.
TOOLS NEEDED FOR INSTALLATION
- A wood saw
- A tape measure
- A balancing plank (to prevent ceiling damage)
- Measure the distance between the timber roof trusses.
- Cut the insulation, while still in the bag, to the correct width to snugly fit the space between the roof trusses.
- Roll out the insulation between the roof trusses on top of the ceiling.
- It is advisable to lay the insulation underneath any wiring and to cut around any down lights to prevent overheating of the light fitting.
- Wrap off-cuts around pipes to prevent them freezing in winter.
- WARNING: Be careful not to step onto the ceiling board as you may damage the board or fall through the ceiling.
HANDLING & STORAGE
Store under cover and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example, by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (50/75/100/135) mm thick flexible non-combustible lightweight “Loft Insulation” material between the roof trusses and over brandering/purlins in completed roof and ceiling systems. Installation strictly in accordance with manufacturer’s detail and specification.
Isover reserves the right to alter or amend product specification without notice. The information given in this publication is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Whilst Isover will endeavour to ensure publications are up to date, it is the users’ responsibility to check with us that it is correct prior to use.