Factoryboard is a rigid board manufactured from non-combustible, inorganic Glasswool, bonded with an inert thermosetting resin binder. Available in 25, 40 or 50 mm in 80 kg/m3 densities.
It can be supplied in an ASTM E-84 approved reinforced foil, or ASTM E-84 approved reinforced white metalized foil. Alternative facings include: ASTM E-84 approved black metalized foil, white embossed vinyl, or black non woven glass tissue.
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Life long energy savings
- Significantly reduces heat loss / gains
- Excellent sound absorption properties
- Non combustible
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Suitable for high humidity applications (foil faced options only)
- Long product life – will not readily age
- Will not sag
- Can be supplied with a variety of facings and can be faced on both sides
- Offers improved light reflection (except for black facing option)
- Aesthetic finish – suitable for sophisticated buildings
- Tailor-made lengths reduce wastage
- Class 1 fire index rating – tested to SABS 0177 Part 3
- Complies with ASTM E84 flame spread & fire index requirements
Factoryboard contributes to indoor comfort and life long savings by reducing heat loss/gain due to its inherent thermal insulation properties.
Offers exceptional acoustic properties & enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of noise. Insulation Refractory’s insulation reduces the sound transmission to and from a room or building.
Multi-purpose wall cladding
- Use 60 kg/m3 density in vertical applications.
- Recommended to be installed in a grid system.
- Over purlin roof insulation for new buildings or in a supporting grid system for existing buildings.
- Use an 80 kg/m3 density in horizontal applications.
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components.
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminum.
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
- Dust settlement will not hamper the products performance.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from glass mineral wool, one of the most environmentally friendly insulants available.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring mineral and a sustainable, infinite source.
Approximately 50% of the raw material used in the production of Insulation Refractory products is recycled. The recycled material can be post-consumer glass (from housing) or waste glass from flat glass manufacture, which would otherwise go to landfill.
The manufacturing process does not use or contain CFC’s or any other damaging gases.
- Different dimensions are available and pricing will be calculated on request.
- Maximum Width – 1200mm. Variation from 1200mm width can significantly influence price due to facing wastage.
- Maximum recommended lengths: 25mm board – 2.8m , 40mm board – 3.2m
- A 5 % surcharge will be applicable to oversized boards that present handling difficulties
- A 5% surcharge will be applicable to non-palletized packaging
Palletized and stretch wrapped with polyethylene reinforced with corner supports.
Tools Needed For Installation
Sharp knife for cutting if necessary, otherwise boards are manufactured to length.
Caution: Take care when installing in windy conditions.
- When installing over purlins a C clip/metal saddle must be inserted through the board so that the roof sheet clip is fixed to this and not to the board.
- Use H-sections or T-sections to span between the purlins to support the board along the longitudinal joint.
- If the boards are to be installed between the purlins, a top hat can be installed over the purlins before installing the grid sections.
- On existing buildings, a H or T section grid system.
Handling & Storage
Store undercover, and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (25/40/50) mm thick rigid non-combustible lightweight “Factoryboard” as an aesthetical multi-purpose (wall cladding / suspended ceiling / over purlin) system of (80) kg/m3 density with a) kraft b) aluminium foil c) white metalized foil d) black metalized foil e) white embossed vinyl f) black non-woven glass tissue. Install with a) saddles in over purlin installation, supported with H or T sections along longitudinal joints – new buildings b) H-sections or T-sections suspended grid system – existing buildings c) H and T sections as wall cladding. Install strictly in accordance to manufacturer’s details and specification.