Ecosound acoustic ceiling tiles are manufactured from non-combustible inorganic Glasswool, bonded with an inert thermosetting resin binder, and are lightweight and resilient. A glass tissue facing is available in two decorative finishes namely Serenity (Silver) and Harmony (White).
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Isover products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2008.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Superior sound absorption properties
- Excellent thermal performance
- Life long energy savings
- Lightweight & easy to handle
- Offers improved light reflection
- Will not sag
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Long product life – will not age
- Zero ozone depleting potential (ODP)
Non-combustible base board – tested to SANS 10177 Part 5
SANS 10400 Part T 4.13.1 (a)
Thickness of facing material is less than 0.5 mm and fully adhered to a non-combustible substrate and thus considered non-combustible.
Contributes to indoor comfort and contributes to life long savings by reducing heat loss/gain due to the inherent thermal insulation properties.
Offers exceptional acoustic properties & enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of noise. Reduces sound transmission to and from a room or building.
Commercial suspended ceilings and specialised acoustic applications.
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminium
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
- Dust settlement will not hamper the products performance
TOOLS NEEDED FOR INSTALLATION
Ecosound panels are designed to fit standard grid systems. Hold down clips are provided to secure ceiling tiles in the grid system. A sharp knife/blade to be used for trimming/sizing of panels.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS & PRECAUTIONS
- Ecosound acoustical ceiling tiles are laid in a suspended ceiling grid system and, where instructed by the architect, secured by means of hold down clips as supplied by Isover.
- The contractor is to take care when installing the tiles to ensure that the facings are kept free from dust and grime, finger marks or any other possible blemish or damage. A pair of gloves is provided with each box of Ecosound ceiling tiles to prevent fouling.
- No damaged tiles are to be installed and extreme care is to be taken when further work is carried out on the ceiling (e.g. installation of the light fittings).
- Any light fitting, fan or any other fixture is to be independently secured by whatever means required and should not rest on the ceiling tile so as not to put any pressure on the tile whatsoever.
- The ceiling grid is to be laid out as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
WARNING: Be careful not to step onto the ceiling board as you may damage the board or fall through the ceiling.
HANDLING & STORAGE
Store undercover, and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused. Ensure facings are kept free from dust and grime, finger marks or any other blemish or damage. Use gloves provided. Light dirt marks can be removed by dabbing with a damp cloth. Care must be taken not to damage the surface.
Install (25/40mm) thick rigid non-combustible lightweight Ecosound acoustic suspended ceiling system in (Tranquility/Serenity/Harmony) glass tissue facing, complete with T sections, hangers, hold down clips, etc. Installation strictly in accordance with manufacturer’s detail & specification. Sizes as per architect. The grid system is available in standard grid sizes – 600 x 600/1200 x 600 (actual sizes 595 x 595/1195 x 595).