Cavitybatt has been specially developed for use within steel frame structures, timber frame buildings and dry wall systems. Cavitybatts are manufactured using high quality Glasswool and are glass tissue faced on one side for improved handling and rigidity.
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Life long energy savings
- Non combustible
- Lightweight & easy to handle
- Inert – no chemical or fire retardant additives
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Long product life – will not age
- Self supporting – will not sag
- Compression packed – to reduce volume to optimize transport & storage
- High tear strength yet readily cut with a sharp blade
- Class A1, S1, D0 according to DIN EN 13823 [A = general classification, S = smoke generation, D = droplets]
All non-combustible products are acceptable in any application – no deemed to satisfy tests are necessary (SANS 10400)
Contributes to indoor comfort and contributes to life long savings by reducing heat loss/gain due to its inherent thermal insulation properties. A dry wall system correctly insulated will offer the same or better thermal properties than a conventional brick & mortar option.
Offers exceptional acoustic properties & enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of noise. Insulation Refractory’s insulation reduces the sound transmission to and from a room or building. A dry wall system correctly insulated will offer the same or better acoustical properties than a conventional brick & mortar option.
- Steel frame buildings
- Timber frame structures
- Dry wall systems
- Designed for use in walls but may effectively be used on top of ceilings or along the roofline, or within masonry wall cavities
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components.
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminum.
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
- Dust settlement will not hamper the products performance.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from glass mineral wool, one of the most environmentally friendly insulants available.Sustainable
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring mineral and a sustainable, infinite source.
Approximately 50% of the raw material used in the production of Insulation Refractory products is recycled. The recycled material can be post-consumer glass (from housing) or waste glass from flat glass manufacture, which would otherwise go to landfill.
The manufacturing process does not use or contain CFC’s or any other damaging gases. In addition the unique compression packaging ensures better vehicle utilization, reducing the environmental impact of transportation.
Branded perforated yellow polythene tube with gusset
Tools Needed For Installation
Batts are designed around the frame/stud system for ease of installation, therefore minimal tools are required. A sharp knife/blade will come in handy for off cuts and for slitting batts to fit over piping and conduits.
- Open packaging allowing space for the initial immediate recovery of compressed product.
- Push individual batts firmly into the cavity space with glass tissue facing on the exposed side.
- Use sharp knife to slit the Cavitybatt to encapsulate piping/conduits.
- Use sharp knife to cut batt around any plug points.
- Make sure that there are no gaps which will cause thermal leakage.
Handling & Storage
Store product undercover, and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp or heavy impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (51/63/102 mm) thick self supporting non-combustible lightweight Cavitybatt Glasswool insulation offering a thermal performance of Rval (1.34/1.66/2.50/2.68) for heat and/or acoustic control. Install strictly according to manufacturers detail and specification.