Aerolite® Soft Touch is a non-combustible, glasswool ceiling insulation solution that reduces the energy required to maintain a comfortable living environment. Unlike many competitive products that claim limited combustibility, Aerolite® is a certified non-combustible product which means it won’t burn, smoke, or melt in a fire as it’s made from glasswool. Aerolite® has exceptional acoustic insulation properties, it enhances your indoor environment by reducing the transference of noise from the inside and outside. Aerolite® is made of 80% recycled glass and our production process is CFC and HCFC free.
Aerolite is a high quality, Glasswool thermal and acoustic ceiling insulation that is bonded with an inert, thermosetting resin. The strong, resilient, flexible blankets are supplied in compression packed rolls and are easy to cut and install.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISOVER products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2015.
ISOVER products are manufactured according to ISO 14001:2015.
Less material, less energy and less emissions
- Zero ozone depleting potential (ODP)
- Zero global warming potential (GWP)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Lifelong energy savings
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Exceptional thermal and acoustic properties
- Safe application and use
- Maintenance free
- Long product life – will not readily age
- SABS mark (SABS 1381 part 1)
- Compression packed to reduce volume and optimise transport and storage
- Recovers to full thickness within 24-48 hrs
- No smoke/ toxic fumes
- Non-combustible – tested to SANS 10177-5
- SANS 428 fire classification – A/A1/1
- EN 13501 fire classification – A1
Contributes to indoor comfort and lifelong savings by reducing heat loss/gain due to its inherent thermal insulation properties.
Offers exceptional acoustic properties and enhances indoor environmental quality by reducing the transference of noise. Aerolite ceiling insulation reduces the sound transmission to and from a room.
Ceiling insulation in:
- Residential buildings
- Retrofit in existing homes
- Top up insulation
- Non-residential buildings
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials and components
- Will not promote corrosion of steel, copper or aluminium
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Dust settlement will not hamper the product’s performance.
TOOLS NEEDED FOR INSTALLATION
A sharp knife or wood saw, tape measure and a balancing plank (to prevent ceiling damage).
- Measure the distance between the timber roof trusses.
- Cut the Aerolite while still in the bag to the correct width to snugly fit the space between the roof trusses.
- Roll out the Aerolite between the roof trusses on top of the ceiling.
- It is advisable to lay the Aerolite underneath any wiring and to cut around any down lights to prevent overheating of light fitting.
- Wrap off-cuts around pipes to prevent them freezing in winter.
WARNING: Be careful not to step onto the ceiling board as you may damage the board or fall through the ceiling.
HANDLING & STORAGE
Store product under cover and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp
or heavy impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (50/100/135)mm thick flexible non-combustible lightweight “Aerolite” insulation material between the roof trusses and over brandering in a completed roof and ceiling system. Installation strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s detail and specification.