Energylite is manufactured from non combustible Glasswool bonded with an inert thermosetting resin to form a strong resilient insulant.
Quality Management System
Insulation Refractory products are manufactured according to ISO 9001:2000.
Features & Benefits
- Life long energy savings
- Available in a variety of thicknesses and densities to suit the application and hot face temperature
- Non combustible
- Exceptional acoustic properties
- Good thermal resistance values
- Safe application and use
- Low installation cost
- Long product life – will not readily age
- Non-combustible – tested to SANS 10177 Part 5
- Class 1 fire index – tested to SANS 10177 Part 3
All non-combustible products are acceptable in any application – no deemed to satisfy tests are necessary (SANS 10400)
Significantly reduces heat gains & losses
Offers exceptional acoustic properties & enhances indoor environmental quality by absorption of noise. Insulation Refractory’s insulation reduces the sound transmission to and from a room or building.
- A range of boards, blankets and wire-backed mattress suitable for commercial buldings o industrial thermal insulation applications up to 450 deg C
- Conservation and control of heat in boilers, tanks, ductwork, ovens etc
- Acoustical correction in compressor houses and machine rooms.
- Odourless, inert and fully compatible with all standard building materials & components.
- Will not accelerate corrosion of steel, copper or aluminum.
- Will not sustain vermin
- Will not breed or promote fungi, mould or bacteria
- Rot proof
- Dust settlement will not hamper the products performance.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from glass mineral wool, one of the most environmentally friendly insulants available.
Insulation Refractory’s insulation products are made from silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring mineral and a sustainable, infinite source.
Approximately 50% of the raw material used in the production of Insulation Refractory products is recycled. The recycled material can be post-consumer glass (from housing) or waste glass from flat glass manufacture, which would otherwise go to landfill.
The manufacturing process doesn’t to use or contain CFS’s or any other damaging gases. In addition the unique compression packaging means more insulation in a smaller space – the result is better vehicle utilization, reducing the environmental impact of transportation.
Clear polythene bag with Insulation Refractory label.
Tools Needed For Installation
These can vary depending on the density of the product or the application. The most common tools would be: Tape measure, sharp knife and straight edge to cut along.
There are so many different applications therefore depending on the application and density, there will be a different installation method/procedure.
Handling & Storage
Store undercover, and in dry conditions. Store flat. Handle with care, especially on the edges and corners, which can be damaged if subject to sharp impact. Do not apply excessive pressure, for example by standing or sitting on the product, as permanent damage may be caused.
Install (25/40/50/75/100mm) thick (rigid/blanket), non-combustible lightweight Energylite industrial Glasswool insulation of (24,47.5/64/80 kg/m3 ) density for heat and/or acoustic control. Installation strictly according to manufacturers detail and specification. Sizes as per architect.